Friday, December 21, 2007

most FAVORITE best DVD

What will win this years ROCKET VIDEO BEST NEW DVDS OF 2007 AWARDS?

My vote, I think is gonna go to...
I'm From Hollywood

With my Second Place vote... (I don't know yet, maybe one of these)

Ace In The Hole (Criterion)  *  Apocalypto  *  Army of Shadows (Criterion)   *  The Beast Must Die (actually it came out on DVD in 2006. I just wanted an excuse to post this Calvin Lockhart pic - thanks Horrortalk.com! I swiped it from them)  * 
 Blade Runner (Four-Disc Collector's Edition) - the four disc is good enough for me, I haven’t seen the 5 disc’s “work print”  *  Bicycle Thieves (Criterion)  *  Children Of Men * Chinatown (Special Collector's Edition)  *  The Day of the Triffids (BBC 1981) * Spider Baby  *  Taxi Driver (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)  *  2001: A Space Odyssey (Special Collector's Edition) - Or the Clockwork Orange discs,  I can’t vote for the whole  Stanley Kubrick box set, it feels very incomplete, all the color flicks, but no Barry Lyndon?  Just like the Sergio Leone Anthology Box set. Where’s Once Upon A Time In The West (at least toss in  My Name Is Nobody)   *  The Wire - The Complete Fourth Season  
Other’s flicks I love, I’d wanna own... but maybe the over-all disc leaves something to be desired like the oddly low quality Hearts Of Darkness disc or the double disc of Deliverance (nothing much new on it) or the Flash Gordon Savior of the Universe Edition (pointless second disc)

      - sweeneyrules

No comments: